If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
I’m sure you already know that I’ve written two novels. I’m actually working on a third one right now. I know a lot of people who think they want to write a novel, but find it difficult to get started. Here at the Mooch I like to help you out, so I’m going to give you a window into my writing process.
In order to complete a novel, you must be dedicated and focused. Don’t let my incredible work ethic intimidate you though. One of the major secrets to writing a novel is just getting on with it. Here are my ten step to writing a quality novel.
1. Check your email, Facebook account, and Twitter account.
2. Find some good music to listen to. The music must be perfect and that requires scrolling through your entire music library.
3. Make a cup of tea. Nothing helps you get work done better than a cup of tea.
4. Decide the tea made you too hot and get a glass of water. It’s important that you fill yourself up with plenty of liquids because nothing helps you focus more than a full bladder.
5. Check real estate sites for new houses for sale in your area and fantasize about how much more work you’ll be able to get done when you finally buy a house.
6. Check the SPCA site for pets available for adoption and decide which ones you’ll adopt once you get your new house.
7. Scan real estate sites again and feel really frustrated.
8. Open your word processing program.
9. Check the You Tube channels you subscribe to and watch all of the new videos. Now watch additional funny videos like this one.
10. Open the file you’re working on and write a few paragraphs before starting again from step one.
I’ve been crazy busy for the past couple of days, and I wanted to show you what I’ve been up to.
I’ve finally decided to publish my second novel online and promote it too. (My first novel wasn’t so good and I probably shouldn’t even admit it exists.) You may have noticed the book store page on this blog where you can buy a PDF copy of my second novel. It’s also available on Smashwords.com in all e-reader formats. I put up an author website, and, with my husband’s help, I made this snazzy book trailer.
I don’t know what I’m going to do about a paperback version yet, but once I figure that out I’ll let you know.
As many of you know, I’m in the Young Women’s Presidency in my ward. The EFY program will be going on for the youth this summer and they need to do some fund raising to pay for it. Anyway, the Young Women wrote and recorded a song and are selling it as an MP3 download to raise money for EFY. I’ve been busy creating a website for that. You can see that here.
I’ve also been creating some new information products and updating old ones. I won’t link to them because I haven’t quite finished yet.
My husband managed to let his domain name expire without even knowing it. I had to re-purchase it for him and throw up a fast site. He still hasn’t put any music on it even though I showed him how. I also showed him how to keep his gig calender up-to-date, but I’ll probably have to do that too. I’m complaining or anything.
I’ve almost finished the first draft of my third novel. It’s exciting stuff. If you like musicians, ghosts, senior citizens and generally strangeness, this could be the book for you. That’s all I’m going to say about that.